Sioux Valley Energy constructed a solar energy project in April 2015 at its Brandon Service Center. The solar array was energized May 1, 2015. The project was developed to help the Cooperative learn more about the construction, maintenance and energy production of a solar array.
SVE Solar Project Facts:
• 24.8 kW (Enough power for two homes)
• 80 panels on low profile racking
• Panels face south, southwest and west
• 19 main support channels- 8 ft long, cemented in a 5 foot hole
• There are no batteries used in this design
• Panels placed at 35 degree tilt
• Built and installed by SVE employees
• Array installed for approximately $3 per watt
• Estimated life of array is between 30 and 50 years
• Power that is produced is put back on to the SVE grid
• Solar Edge inverter monitoring system
To monitor the energy production of this project, log on here: SVE Solar Project Energy Output
More from My Programs
Purchase the last water heater you will ever need to buy for your home! Sioux
Valley Energy sells Marathon water heaters that ...
How to use the chart
Find the chart of the electric heat you're considering i.e. air-to-air heat pump; geothermal (ground source) heat pump ...
Sioux Valley Energy offers loans to assist members in purchasing heat pumps and weatherization products. We offer low-interest loans of 5% ...
Rebate programs are valid through the end of each year. Rebate dollars are limited and are issued on a first come-first served basis. ...
Sioux Valley Energy’s Key Account program was established to focus necessary attention on commercial and industrial (C&I) ...
You can easily purchase renewable energy from your local electric cooperative, Sioux Valley Energy.
Sioux Valley Energy has Renewable ...
Download our Energy Solutions Catalog to learn more about our programs and services! Click on the link below.
Sioux Valley Energy constructed a solar energy project in April 2015 at its Brandon Service Center. The solar array was energized May 1, ...
Use our Home Efficiency Project Guides to make your home more energy efficient!
Changes in technology and the increased desire
to become greener have contributed to the transformation of renewable energy