Rebate programs are valid through the end of each year. Rebate dollars are limited and are issued on a first come-first served basis. Programs are subject to change or end without notice. Please contact our Energy Services Specialist for more information at 1-800-234-1960 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sioux Valley Energy developed two new rates for customers who either have an electric vehicle or are seeking more ways to impact the savings on electric bills through their conservation efforts. The first rate-option is for members who have an electric vehicle and would like to sign up for a sub-meter installation to receive a reduced rate for charging their car. We would connect a sub-meter on the breaker for the dedicated 220 outlet where you charge your electric vehicle. There is no fee for us to install this sub-meter equipment. You would receive a reduced rate if you charge on the off peak hours from 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
The second rate-option is a time of use rate for your whole home electric usage so it would not require sub-metering any particular outlet. You would pay a reduced rate for any electrical usage in your home during off-peak hours and would pay a higher rate for any electrical usage during on-peak hours. Customers who are currently sub-metered on the heat rate are allowed to continue to receive the special electric heat rate so your rates would not fluctuate while heating your home. If you try the new rate and decide it is not working for you, you can return to the regular rate program you were on.
The first and second rate options cannot be combined so you would need to select one or the other if you wanted to participate in one of our new rate offerings. Our rate structures are designed to be revenue neutral, but these new rates give you an opportunity to have more control over your daily usage habits and impact your electric bill. Refer to the current rate schedule for more details on these new rate options. Former Alliant Energy customers are not eligible for the new rate programs or electric vehicle charger rebate.
Sioux Valley Energy now offers a residential electric vehicle charger rebate. A qualifying Level 2 240-volt EV charger must be new, purchased in 2018 and installed to meet all applicable codes. The charger must be single-phase and shall not exceed 7.5 kW. Proof of EV charger purchase is required. Members can receive a rebate up to 35% of the cost of the EV home charger including installation costs or a maximum rebate of $250. The member must agree to sign up for the time of use rate in order to qualify for the rebate. Refer to the current rate schedule for more details on the time of use rate.
Sioux Valley Energy offers a third-party irrigation management rebate program. It applies to third-party systems that are installed at a service location receiving electricity from Sioux Valley Energy. Participating providers include AgSense, Intellifarms, Fieldwise, etc. The third-party irrigation management program allows the member to receive a reduced rate per metered kW per month for their billing cycles June through September. A one-time rebate of $750 is available per device for a third-party remote managed irrigation system provided that it meets the following minimum requirements:
- New system eliminates the need for a SVE load management receiver
- Ability to ingest automated notice from power supplier of shed and restore via email, text or voice
- Provide a less than 15-minute latency from power supplier email to load shed/restore
- Provide distribution cooperative notice of customer bypass
Any control override of the third-party irrigation management program through the billing cycle will result in the member being billed the full demand charge for said billing period.
The member must agree to participate in the program for a minimum of 5 years. If the member discontinues before 5 years, the $750 rebate will be billed back to the member. At that point, the member can opt to participate in the traditional load management program and have a SVE receiver installed to continue on the peak shaving rebate.
Contact Reggie Gassman at 1-800-234-1960.
Sioux Valley Energy offers a LED Lighting Rebate for members for existing homes/businesses. The LED bulbs must be 60-watt incandescent equivalent or higher and must be purchased and applied for in the current year. Each account is eligible to receive a maximum lifetime rebate of $75 for the LED lighting program. Minimum $20 rebate request required. Rebate not to exceed cost of bulb before taxes up to $5/bulb. *New construction projects are not eligible for this rebate.
LED Rebate Program Guidelines:
- LED Lighting Rebate Program is offered to customers with existing homes/businesses.
- Each account is eligible to receive a maximum lifetime rebate of $75 for the LED lighting program. Minimum $20 rebate request required. Rebate not to exceed cost of bulb before taxes up to $5/bulb.
- Rebates are only available for LED bulbs 60-watt incandescent equivalent or above that are purchased, installed and applied for in the current year.
- A copy of proof of purchase/sales receipt and documentation verifying wattage must be included. Submit the completed rebate form within 90 days of purchase. Documentation will not be returned.
- Rebates will be credited to your electric account. Rebate dollars are limited and will be paid on a first come, first served basis. SVE reserves the right to change or discontinue incentive programs at any time.
To download the rebate form click here.
Sioux Valley Energy is offering a LED Yard Light fixture replacement rebate.
- The LED yard light rebate program provides a one-time $30 rebate for the installation of a replacement yard light. It must be an Energy Star or Design Lights Consortium (DLC) rated yard light fixture for a member-owned yard light.
- The program is intended to replace yard lights that commonly run from dusk to dawn and are controlled through photo eye sensors during daylight hours.
- The rebate is available for LED fixtures only (not the bulb) that are purchased, installed and applied for in the current year.
- A copy of proof of purchase/sales receipt and documentation verifying equipment information is required within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebates will be applied as a credit to your electric account.
*Rate and programs are subject to change or end without notice.
Sioux Valley Energy provides a weatherization rebate program to assist members in increasing the energy efficiency of their homes. Weatherization home improvements include windows, doors, insulation, caulking and weather stripping. Members can receive a 20% rebate for weatherization project costs (lifetime maximum of $1,000 per account, not to exceed $5,000 per member/owner). Sioux Valley Energy must conduct an energy audit PRIOR to the work being performed to be eligible and may inspect the project upon completion.
To qualify for the rebate:
- The member agrees to pay the audit fees and will be reimbursed the full audit fee of $45 plus tax for a level I audit or $75 plus tax for a level II audit when the rebate is processed.
- Rebates are available only for home improvement products in existing homes, that meet Energy Star standards. Homes newly constructed within the last five years are not eligible for the program. Energy Star labels must be included in the rebate application for each home improvement product. Windows and doors must be Energy Star certified in the northern climate zone to be eligible for rebate dollars. Items not included in eligible costs include trim, stain, paint, hardware, disposal fees, and permits.
- Professionally installed labor is also eligible for removing and replacing insulation, windows, exterior doors and other air sealing measures, but items like trim and drywall work are not covered. The contractor invoice should split out labor and material costs.
- Home improvement products such as doors, windows, insulation, caulk, and weather stripping must be purchased and installed by December 31st of the current year. Rebate dollars are limited and will be paid on a first come, first served basis. The program can change or be canceled at any time.
- Complete the weatherization rebate form, submit a copy of proof of purchase/sales receipt for energy efficiency improvements, and include Energy Star stickers or verification.
- Project costs must be a minimum of $250.
- Loans for weatherization improvement projects are also available upon credit approval. Loan funds can be issued up to $10,000, 5% interest rate and seven-year repayment plan.
Sioux Valley Energy offers special incentives to members who install ENERGY STAR rated heat pumps. A $200 rebate will be given for an ENERGY STAR air-to-air heat pump (HSPF of 8.5 or higher) with a non-electric backup system. A $600 rebate will be given to members who install an ENERGY STAR air-to-air heat pump with electric backup system or for a geothermal heat pump. A final invoice and AHRI certification or verification of make/model/HSPF rating are required to process rebates. Rebates of $200 will be applied as a bill credit; checks will be issued for $600 rebates. In addition, heat pumps and electric heating equipment can be connected to a sub-meter for a reduced electric heat rate. The sub-meter installation is free for heat pumps and associated equipment or for electric resistance equipment over 5 kW.
Sioux Valley Energy will reimburse commercial power customers half of the cost of a commercial energy audit, up to $1,000.
A rebate of $50 per ton is available up to a maximum of 150 tons for commercial facilities installing a heat pump. A rebate of $10 per kW up to a maximum of 600 kW is available for commercial facilities installing electric resistance heating equipment. An invoice and verification of system information is required to process rebates. A separate sub-meter can be installed for the reduced electric heat rate for all accounts except for those falling under the large power rate. This equipment gives you a reduced heat rate the billing cycles of October through April. The sub-meter installation is free of charge for heat pumps and for electric resistance heating equipment over 5 kW. A $200 fee would apply for electric resistance equipment 5 kW and under. Fees also apply for the installation of sub-meter equipment connected to three-phase heating systems. Apartment complexes up to 8-units can sub-metered for the reduced heat rate. For all-electric complexes over 8 units, the individual occupants will receive a monthly reduced basic service charge in lieu of sub-metering equipment.
Rebates up to a maximum of 50% of the project costs, maximum of $1,000 per account, are available for existing facility retrofitting LED replacement lighting in commercial and agricultural structures. New construction projects are not eligible. Rebate amounts are based on the total watts saved times $.10 per watt. Lifetime maximum not to exceed $5,000 per member.
- Call the Energy Services Specialist prior to any lighting changes at 1-800-234-1960
- Complete the commercial lighting incentive form once work is completed
- Final review/inspection conducted by Sioux Valley Energy will be completed before the rebate will be issued
- Purchase, installation and rebate application must be submitted within two months of project completion to qualify for the incentive
- The program offering is valid through December 31st of the current year
*Rebate programs are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first served basis. Programs are subject to change or end without notice.