Sioux Valley Energy’s Key Account program was established to focus necessary attention on commercial and industrial (C&I) members-owners. The Cooperative provides affordable, reliable, and quality power to C&I member-owners as well as offering products and services necessary for their needs. This includes but is not limited to: rebates, demand reduction assistance, energy audit assistance, power quality, auditing and monitoring, Business Power Up newsletter and personalized meetings. For more information, contact our Key Account Executive, Jay Buchholz or the Energy Services Department at 800-234-1960.
Available Rebates and Incentives for Commercial Members:
Electric Heat: Electric heat rebates are available for agricultural, commercial and multi-family facilities. Heat pumps are rebated at $50/ton up to 150 tons. Electric resistance heating equipment is rebated at $10/kW up to 600 kW.
- A sub-meter can be installed on electric heat equipment to receive a reduced rate for the billing cycles of October - April.
- The sub-meter is free for heat pumps two ton or larger and electric resistance heat over 5 kW, or a $200 installation fee is charged. (*Former Alliant Energy customers are not eligible for the heat rate.)
- Fees apply for sub-metering three-phase equipment.
- The electric heat rate is not available for large power accounts. Apartments up to 8 units can be sub-metered for the reduced rate. Tenants in all-electric heated apartments larger than 8 units can receive a reduced rate program in lieu of sub-metering.
Lighting: Rebates are available for retrofit LED lighting projects in existing agricultural and commercial facilities. A rebate of $.10 cents per watt saved up to 50% of the project costs or a maximum rebate of $1,000 per account is available (lifetime member maximum of $5,000).
Irrigation: A rebate of $750 ($150 a year for five years) per device is available for a third-party remote managed irrigation system that allows SVE to control usage during peak times. Members participating in the load management program receive a reduced rate per metered kW for the billing cycles of June through September. (*Former Alliant Energy customers are not eligible.)
Call our Energy Services Department at 800-234-1960 for more information.
Energy Audits: Sioux Valley Energy will reimburse commercial power customers half of the cost, up to $1,000, for a third-party commercial energy audit.
Commercial Public EV Charger: Businesses that promote the charging infrastructure for electric vehicles by installing a level II or larger charging station for public/employee use are eligible for a $500 rebate. In addition, they can receive a rebate for one year’s worth of Renewable Energy Credits to offset 100% of their energy usage with renewable energy.
- The business must be a Sioux Valley Energy member.
- Proof of purchase/installation is required.
- Click HERE to download the Commercial Public EV Charger Rebate Form
Business Power Up Newsletter
A monthly newsletter is available to Sioux Valley Energy's commercial members. If you have questions regarding the newsletter, contact Jay Buchholz at 800-234-1960.
- January 2021 Topics: Electricity 101, Demand and Siting New Facilities
- February 2021 Topics: A Look at the Energy Emergency of Feb. 15-18
- March 2021 Topics: Beneficial Electrification
- April 2021 Topic: Outages
- May 2021 Topic: Safety
- June 2021 Topic: Ag Operations
- July 2021 Topic: SmartHub
- August 2021 Topic: Economic Development
- September 2021 Topic: Renewables
- October 2021 Topic: Co-op Power
- November 2021 Topic: Energy Policy & Your Business
(Includes Inside The Grid Podcast)
Rebate and Incentive Programs
The Cooperative provides heating and lighting rebate programs for large power members. For more a listing of rebates and programs, log on here. To learn more, contact our Energy Services Department at 800-234-1960.
RMEB PACE Financing and Energy Audit Assistance Program
PACE is a financing tool used to assist commercial, industrial, non profit, or agri-businesses with improvement to existing facilites that substantially increase energy efficiency.
Eligible applicants must be located in the Minnesota counties of:
- Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Faribault, Freeborn, Jackson, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, Mower, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Sibley, and Watonwan
Resource Links and Documents
From time to time, our business members have questions regarding their account or the facilities that serve their location.
The documents in this section may provide answers to common questions.