Sioux Valley Energy provides an essential service to its membership. Electricity is a necessity for our daily lives at work and at home. This is why the Cooperative has initiated plans to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) to its employees and members. Sioux Valley Energy has closed its three office locations in Colman, Brandon and Pipestone to public access beginning Monday, March 16th until further notice. The Cooperative community rooms are also closed.
Sioux Valley Energy is committed to helping its members through this difficult time. The Cooperative is working closely with those who are financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and will do everything it can to avoid disconnecting electric service. It is imperative, however, that members call SVE to work out an acceptable payment plan. There are many utility assistance resources available (ASSISTANCE AGENCY LIST) which can support individuals during times of crisis. If you have fallen behind on your electric bill, please call SVE immediately at 800-234-1960 so a Customer Service Representative can help you develop a plan to continue uninterrupted electric service.
Members have a variety of options for payment and are encouraged to utilize ‘SmartHub’. ‘SmartHub’ allows Sioux Valley Energy members to view and pay their bill, receive important notifications and monitor electric usage online. Sign up for SmartHub here.
As an essential service provider, Sioux Valley Energy has taken following steps to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus.
- Cancellation/Postponement of in-person District Meetings. Conduct election meetings via conference call.
- Cancellation of the Cooperative's Annual Meeting.
- Implementation of more frequent cleaning and sanitizing schedule throughout all Sioux Valley Energy facilities.
- Coordination of interdependent utilities, contractors and suppliers to evaluate how operations could be impacted by potential disruptions and make plans to reduce the chance of those disruptions.
- Limitation of non-essential travel and minimization of unnecessary large group interaction.
- Office employees will work from home when possible. Lineworkers will be available for any potential outages.
- Members who are financially impacted by extenuating circumstances related to Coronavirus will be encouraged to contact SVE to set up a special payment plan.
As an essential service provider, it is our responsibility to be prepared and these steps are simply precautionary. Members can call 800-234-1960 or send an email to email@example.com for service-related questions, if you need a water heater or to report an outage.
More from My Cooperative
Sioux Valley Energy provides an essential service to its membership. Electricity is a necessity for our daily lives at work and at home. This is why the Cooperative has initiated plans to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) to its employees and members. The following steps are being taken to help mitigate as much unnecessary risk as possible:Learn More