Before you call, please have the following information readily available to assist customer service in setting up your account:
- The name, social security number and date of birth for the person the account will be set up in and names of any authorized individuals to discuss account/payment information.
- The service address and billing address (if different), home, work and cell phone numbers.
- The effective date of the new account.
The following options are available for members depending upon their credit history:
- No deposit is necessary if the member has an acceptable credit rating from a recognized credit bureau based on Sioux Valley Energy credit criteria.
- Depending on your credit history, you may submit a 12 month credit reference from your past utility provider with documentation of acceptable payment history.
- You may pay a deposit for your service that is calculated based upon two months' average usage at the location you are moving into.
To avoid paying a deposit, you may choose to pre-pay your electric bill.